Re: [sl4] Uploads coming first would be good, right?.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 01:09:16 MST

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:47:36 -0500, "Peter de Blanc"
<peter@spaceandgames.com> said:

> Isn't x a complex number, and the probability is the square of the
> modulus? Then it doesn't follow that F is either even or odd.

I’m not following you. The quantum wave function is the square root of a
probability and being a square root means it can and does have negative
terms in it and even imaginary terms, and that means the quantum wave
function is not a scalar like simple probability but a vector with an
intensity and a direction, and that means you can not just add up 2
independent probabilities to figure the probability both will happen the
way we usually do, and that means two very different wave functions can
yield the same probabilities, and that means we can't do things the way
"common sense" would dictate. And that's why the quantum world is so
weird.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark