Re: [sl4] Weakening morality

From: Stefan Pernar (stefan.pernar@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 08:43:01 MST

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Stuart Armstrong <
dragondreaming@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Would yo mind giving me a specific example or two so I understand where
> you
> > are coming from?
>
> Can you define what you really meant by "Weak morals weaken and strong
> morals strengthen societies"?

Let me try :-) I am working on putting my thoughts into book form so a few
sentences may not be enough.

Two aspects:

1) Strong morals would let a society ideally act as one and thus with
maximum efficiency.
2) Strong morals would ideally eliminate the egos of the individual and as a
result allow a society to act with the best interest for others in mind
(compassion).

I believe that these aspects would increase a society's evolutionary
fitness.

You can find more at http://rationalmorality.info

Cheers,

Stefan