Re: [sl4] Please upload some molecular reintegration

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 09:40:09 MST

Me:
> > And yet life manages to do just that every day and in conditions a bit
> > hotter than absolute zero.

"Stuart Armstrong"

> Really?

Yes really.

> Life manages to take an abstract input of
> x,y,z coordinates and place an atom neatly
> at that point?

If proteins don’t fold up in just right way or if one atom is out of
place then most of them won’t work correctly; and life can make many
trillions of these little machines, all of them identical and all of
them work fine because every atom is exactly where it’s supposed to be.
So don’t tell me it’s physically imposable for intelligence to do even
better and put atoms where it wants to put them.

You’ve got to admit that building a tree using nothing but water
nitrogen and carbon dioxide is pretty impressive for a solar powered
nanomachine, and if it were designed by an intelligence it would work
even better.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark