Re: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 10:19:41 MST

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 "Stuart Armstrong"
<dragondreaming@googlemail.com> said:

> your extended analogies about copies
> receiving the same input in symetric rooms.
> those were clear as mud

If you and the original were facing each other an equal distance from
the center of a symmetrical room then you two would be receiving
identical input and thus act identically; and if I switched your
position no outside observer could tell the difference objectively, and
you couldn’t tell the difference subjectively. So I conclude it makes no
difference. What’s unclear about that?

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark