Re: [sl4] Uploads coming first would be good, right?.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 11:19:11 MST

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:31:14 -0500, "Peter de Blanc"

> John, this is incorrect. A square root of a nonnegative
> real number is a real number.

Yes, you are quite correct and I thank you for correcting my error. I
should have said that the probability of finding 2 electrons x distance
apart is the intensity of the complex quantum wave function F(x); that
is to say P(x) = [F(x)]^2 . However it remains true that the imaginary
part of that complex function is the source of a lot of quantum
weirdness. It’s also still true that if we exchange the positions of the
electrons then x1- x2 =x becomes x2 – x1 = -x but according to the
Identity of Indiscernibles exchanging identical things does nothing
detectable so P(x) = P(-x). And then away we go. Anyway thanks again.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm