Re: [sl4] normative language is rational

From: Dimitry Volfson (dvolfson@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 01:13:50 MST

Peter Voss wrote:
> Rational ethics.
>
> For those you haven't seen this before (I post this every few years)
>
> http://optimal.org/peter/prescriptive_ethics.htm
> http://optimal.org/peter/rational_ethics.htm
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Best,
>
> Peter

We might agree on all the facts, but weight the facts differently -
based on personal experiences that have calibrated our weighting
schemes. If we give weight to all salient aspects the same as each
other, such as reduction of murder rate and value of retribution to the
victims' friends and family, then we will come to the same conclusion.
Tired of your day job? Love design & style? Train to be an interior decorator. Click Now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2N0VwvVgV5yHbH7B1eyyLD2VDm1a2K2NQuc7O7DiL5qbaa8/