Re: [sl4] 'Ethical' uploading

From: Matt Mahoney (matmahoney@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2009 - 13:58:57 MST

--- On Mon, 2/16/09, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> > 1. At what point after conception does life begin?
>
> Depends on your definitions, doesn't it?

My question is about abortion. Depending on your culture, answers range from the instant of conception to one year after birth.

> > 5. What test must a program be able to pass to grant
> it human rights?
>
> Oh, I think we will have little doubt of when the line is
> crossed.

People with an opinion on abortion have little doubt about their beliefs either. Why, in the vastly greater space of possible AIs, do you think the question will have a simple answer.

-- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@yahoo.com