Re: [sl4] An attempt at empathic AI

From: Krekoski Ross (rosskrekoski@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 07:53:55 MST

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Johnicholas Hines <
johnicholas.hines@gmail.com> wrote:

A compiler would not be valuable if we could easily predict everything
> about its output.

But we can predict everything about its output if we have the input. A
human-level AI on the other hand....

> Conversely, it also would not be valuable if we could not argue
> (informally) from its structure, that the output has a property of
> "correctness".

I'm not sure if its parallel. We dont have the background knowledge at this
point to understand why the formal properties of our brains give rise to all
the multitudes of emergent behaviour in society, and we certainly can't
explain in a formal structural way why even people with similar or identical
DNA can have drastically different behaviour at times.