Re: [sl4] Factors of intelligence

From: Johnicholas Hines (johnicholas.hines@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2009 - 09:14:30 MST

>> > --- On Wed, 2/25/09, Petter Wingren-Rasmussen

These psychological measures of intelligence are generally specialized
for measuring and describing the differences in capability among
humans. Rarely, they can be extrapolated to chimps or mammals in
general.

We need ideas of "intelligence" that can be applied to rocks,
bacteria, single-celled creatures, plants, animals, calculators,
single humans, the human race as a whole, weakly-superintelligent
emulated humans, computers with many more MIPS than the human race as
a whole and novel strongly superintelligent entities.

Evolutionary "fitness" might be a candidate measure of intelligence,
for all that it's uncomputable.

Johnicholas