Re: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?

From: Petter Wingren-Rasmussen (petterwr@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 05 2009 - 13:38:31 MST

 <matmahoney@yahoo.com>I think it's possible to reprogram your own brain,
consciously or not.

Millions of people have died for abstract ideas, I dont think they have been
genetically programmed to do so, rather they chose to reprogram themselves
or get in touch with other people who reprogrammed them.

In buddhism one of the goals are to gain the insight that self is an
illusion. (ie you cant step into the same river twice, because you wont be
the same again. Not only are you a different person after a sleep, but
after every moment.)

To me, managing to adopt this view is the most functional way of solving the
whole problem.