Re: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?

From: Charles Hixson (charleshixsn@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 07 2009 - 01:30:03 MST

John K Clark wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 21:53:01 -0800, "Charles Hixson"
> <charleshixsn@earthlink.net> said:
>

>> When you're trying to design something, it can help
>> a lot to know what you're trying to design.
>>

> Yes but what's that got to do with definitions? I want to design
> something that works like this only with a little more of that.
> Definitions suck, examples rule!
>
> John K Clark
Without a definition how will you know if you have what you were after?
I won't deny that examples are EXTREMELY useful. But if you don't have
a decent workable definition you might as well be working at random.

Now I'll admit that one can do a lot with implicit definitions. But
they can also be quite difficult to use.