Re: [sl4] I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 22:39:05 MDT

 "Robin Lee Powell" <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> said:

> If you saw a random baby lying on the sidewalk, you would not kill
> it. This is a "limitation" in the human architecture. Do you find
> yourself fighting against this built-in limitation? Do you find
> yourself thinking, "You know, my life would be so much better if I
> wanted to kill babies.

If you substituted the word "baby" for "slug" you would have a much more
realistic analogy; and then I can indeed see myself thinking "You know,
my life would be so much better if I wanted to kill slugs and didn't
count their well being as being more important than my own".

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm