Re: [sl4] I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: Pavitra (celestialcognition@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 12:32:59 MDT

John K Clark wrote:
> People have developed a sense of absurdity and there is no reason a
> superior being wouldn't too.

You're anthropomorphizing. Unless there's a specific reason it *would*
develop a sense of absurdity, the mere complexity of the hypothesis is a
reason it wouldn't develop it simply by chance.

At a first approximation, I would expect a given intelligence to have a
sense of absurdity if and only if it was evolved/designed to detect
attempts to deceive it.