Re: [sl4] Complete drivel on this list: was: I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 14:16:26 MDT

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 "Robin Lee Powell"
<rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> said:

Me:
> > Then why don't you answer some of my crap, it should be easy and
> > fun to make me look like a fool, after all its just crap. Instead
> > you just shrug your shoulders when I show that mathematicians have
> > known for 75 years that a fixed goal mind won't work;

you:
> People have tried to explain to you, several times now, that neither
> Turing's work nor Goedel's work implies anything of the kind.

They have done nothing of the sort, all they have done is say I am wrong
without specifics while dreaming up new personal insults for me. I've
been at this long enough to recognize a phony when I see one and the
speech your garden variety phony gives is always some variant of the
following:

"You are completely and embarrassingly wrong, it would be trivially easy
to expose your stupidity, and by implication my brilliance, but for
reasons I refuse to make clear I will not do so. Instead I will include
a link to a respectable looking web page that I just found 2 minutes ago
with a Google search and haven't read and say that page proves John
Clark is 100% wrong.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark