Re: [sl4] Complete drivel on this list: was: I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 21:26:16 MDT

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:16:18 +0100, "Mu In Taiwan"

> The halting problem is not what you think it is. As far as I am aware,
> is quite possible to show that *some* algorithms will or will not halt

No shit Sherlock, if it were not true *all* algorithms would be useless.
What Turing proved is that in general there is no way to prove that any
given algorithm will halt. He proved there are an infinite number of
such algorithms and every one of them is like a tumor to the mind of a
fixed goal AI.

 John K Clark

by

--