Re: [sl4] Complete drivel on this list: was: I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: Charles Hixson (charleshixsn@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 15:09:36 MDT

I'd actually make the argument that any computer with an OS that's been
up for more than 5 years has been successfully executing an infinite
loop for that period of time. This is not a problem, this is a design
state. The loop is called (sometimes) the main loop, or the
read-eval-execute loop.

Infinite loops are only a problem if you don't want to maintain homeostasis.