RE: [sl4] I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: Bradley Thomas (brad36@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 23:49:51 MDT

>Additionally, I do disagree with the notion that any algorithm is
necessarily either halting or representing an infinite loop.

Yes, this is correct. There are real programs that (given unpatterned input
data) can find themselves neither halting nor in a repeating (patterned)
infinite loop, although even these programs will all either halt or repeat
some prior state eventually.

Brad Thomas
www.bradleythomas.com
Twitter @bradleymthomas, @instansa