RE: [sl4] Alan Turing's results are profound

From: Bradley Thomas (brad36@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 14:21:39 MDT

I have no argument on the profundity of Turing and Godels work. You say a
fixed-goal mind left to its own devices in a finite state machine is
destined to get bored*. I have no disagreement with that either but simply
fail to see how that is dependent on either Turing or Godel's work.

* "left to its own devices" in the sense that it never receives unpatterned
input or intervention.
"bored" in the sense that it must eventually enter an infinite (patterned,
cyclic) loop or halt

Brad Thomas
www.bradleythomas.com
Twitter @bradleymthomas, @instansa