Re: [sl4] The Starving Artist Experiment

From: Mark Nuzzolilo (nuzz604@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 15:25:38 MST

The question is in the realm of Intelligence Amplification (IA) which is
named as one of the avenues to the singularity.

It would seem to me that these concepts seem to give a telltale hint to the
potential of intelligence amplification (depending on what your definition
of "intelligence" is) -- unfortunately any legitimate theories written about
this would be hard to do due to the lack of ethical research on this
matter.

There are plenty of motivated intelligence researchers on this list. If
this gives them any ideas, great. If not, then I'm not going to lose any
sleep over it. I wasn't planning on having a debate over this, just wanted
to throw the concepts into the mix, and I thought it would be a welcome
change from what has been going on here as of late.

Mark