Re: [sl4] The Jaguar Supercomputer

From: Luke (wlgriffiths@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 22 2009 - 14:52:53 MST

Aye,

I was assuming a situation in which you'd measure an adult brain and then
evolve the neural net to emulate that. So in the method I mentioned there
would be no "baby stage".

However, this brings up an interesting notion: IF the technique works (and
we have no idea whether it would), it would be interesting to train a
computer up to baby standards. Might give us a lot of insight into the
information patterns within a baby's brain. Nature/nurture problem, all
that.

 - Luke