[sl4] Gagging order

From: Bradley Thomas (brad36@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 14:11:08 MST

>I do indeed, we are allowed to talk about anything except the core idea
that is at the very heart of this list, I'd like to spell out exactly what
that is but I am forbidden to do so. I don't own this list and I respect
private property so I must obey the killthread, but I have to say it wasn't
exactly an exercise in intellectual heroism now was it.

That's why parliaments have speakers, and lists have moderators. At some
point the decision of the chair needs to be respected otherwise the group
descends into chaos (which serves no-one). It is not about stifling debate
so much as it is about maintaining order.

Brad Thomas
www.bradleythomas.com
Twitter @bradleymthomas, @instansa

I do indeed, we are allowed to talk about anything except the core idea that
is at the very heart of this list, I'd like to spell out exactly what that
is but I am forbidden to do so. I don't own this list and I respect private
property so I must obey the killthread, but I have to say it wasn't exactly
an exercise in intellectual heroism now was it.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm