Re: [sl4] Re: goals of AI... non physical components of mind != soul

From: Matt Paul (
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 16:38:38 MST

On Nov 25, 2009, at 3:38 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <>
> How do you figure that quantum phenomena are "non physical" when they
> are the basis of all physics? Also, quantum computers don't actually
> do anything that classical computers don't do, such as computing
> non-computable functions.
Ok, I see a problem arising here. I used the term "non-physical" and I
think that I should clarify that this is because I struggle to find
another term for it. I don't think it is the best term and I hope we
don't get too hung up on it. By non-physical I am trying to label that
which is real but cannot currently be measured or detected.