Re: [sl4] Re: goals of AI

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 23:16:10 MST

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 "Luke" <wlgriffiths@gmail.com> said:

> What I'm SAYING is that it is not the bandwidth that matters,
> but the signal that comes down whatever pipeline has that bandwidth.

What you are saying is that the signal the hormone is carrying is small
but incredibly profound, however neither you nor anybody else has given
any evidence to think that is true. Not even a hint.

> My original point is that you cannot simulate merely the brain and hope
> to get human behavior. You must simulate the entire body.

A keen grasp of the obvious.

> you could simulate a hormone channel with a single resistor.
> At any given moment T, there will be a certain current Y through
> that resistor. However, to know WHAT hormone level should be there,
> you need much more complicated electronics BEHIND that resistor.

The precise hormone level can't be very critical because it is
transmitted by diffusion, a slow random and imprecise method that the
stupidest computer engineer on the planet wouldn't dream of using.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm