[sl4] JKC, are your views actually amenable to correction, ever?

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 11:44:22 MST

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:30:28PM -0800, John K Clark wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 natasha@natasha.cc said
>
> > Do you think that AI has or can have goals?
>
> Certainly a AI will have goals, but they will be as ephemeral as
> our goals, it's in the nature of intelligence as Turing proved 75
> years ago.

I'm trying to stay out of this, but I do want to ask you something:
How many computer science Ph.D.s would I have to get to say, in
writing, that that's utter nonsense for you to thoroughly
re-evaluate your position?

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm  thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something