Re: [sl4] Uploading

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 09:58:48 MST

"Mike Dougherty" <msd001@gmail.com>said:

> 1 to 4 are equivalent: there is no termination of a stream of
> consciousness, no aggrieved party. But 5 is murder.

Yes I agree because after it has a new experience, such as talking with
you for a few minutes, it is no longer exact, the copy is no longer a
copy but a new individual.

> at what point does abortion become murder?

In matters of this sort there is no "point" nor is there a line to
cross, there is only a blob. You could start with mild impoliteness and
in a million steps each one equal and only a trivial escalation and yet
still end up with genocide at the end.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark