Re: [sl4] I saved the world. I can prove it.

From: Luke (wlgriffiths@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 09:09:05 MST

My theory can be stated as a bet: if there were a way to find out, I'd be
willing to bet $1,000 that of the 1,000 most powerful people on the planet,
at least 995 are psychopaths. They can be negotiated vis-a-vis friendly AI
insofar as the AI is friendly enough to prevent total species destruction
(i.e. on a level that affects the specific person). As for a beautiful
future for all of us, when total misery for most and
luxury/uploading/immortality for a few is an option, don't expect much
support from those that would spend $140 billion a year on war in Iraq but
won't fund schools in their own country.

 - Luke