Re: [sl4] Communication singularity realized

From: John McNamara (harlequin@novastar.org)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2010 - 15:52:06 MST

Cisco
"every motion picture ever created to be streamed in less than four minutes."
"system capacity up to 322 Tbps with the multi-chassis architecture"
322 Tbps(assuming 10^12) x 4mins = 77280000000000000 bit/s = approx
9,660,000 movies (assume 25Gb Bluray disc - 10^9)
i doubt we made even that many feature length 'movies'
=good sound-byte/publicity

Brad
"Obviously this has ramifications which none of us yet fully realize"
it's a single order of magnitude increase for maximum theoretical
throughput at ONE h/w node on the global backbone
None of us on consumer broadband will even notice
= hyperbole or auxesis

Learn the difference.

Best Regards
John Mc Namara