Re: [sl4] Friendly AI and Enterprise Resource Management

From: Matt Mahoney (matmahoney@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 13:49:53 MDT

From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org>

> John seems to think that AI will magically acquire innate resistance
> to whatever goal structure humans give it. We (this list) have been
> around this bush many times; you might want to avoid getting sucked
> in.

It depends on whether you are talking about self improving AI. Intelligence
depends on knowledge and computing power. For now, both come from humans. But
once you have robots building robots and passing their knowledge to their
offspring, then you have evolution. In that case, goals that don't improve
fitness are unstable and John is right.

-- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@yahoo.com