Re: [sl4] Simple friendliness: plan B for AI

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2010 - 12:26:28 MST

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 10:07:20PM +0300, Alexei Turchin wrote:
> 3) AI must comply with all existing CRIMINAL an CIVIL laws.

I can hardly think of a *worse* outcome, in the case of rapidly
increasing super-intelligence (aka "foom"). *My* country, at least,
has many *MANY* laws that have nothing to do with ethics or
morality, and basically everyone is guilty of a crime of some kind
here, many of them with significant jail sentences. J-walking,
casual drug use, failure to perfectly comply with tax laws, etc,
etc, etc.

Really really not a good plan.

-Robin

--