Re: [sl4] Simple friendliness: plan B for AI

From: Alexei Turchin (alexeiturchin@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2010 - 03:26:05 MST

Most naive AI projects would try to implement Asimov's laws - because these
laws have biggest advertising. (And we know that Asimovs laws are not safe)
But soon they will realize that Asimov's laws are tautology. Because
 safety is defines as "no harm". But what is "harm"?
So may be we should prepare "extended version" of Asimov laws, which could
be implemented by any AI project and which make it safer. (But not
absolutely safe - it is unrealistic goal)

Important point here is that such "laws" should be mutely independent, as we
see in car driving laws:
a) do not drink and drive
b) fasten seat belts
c) do not run quicker then 80 km/h
d) obey signs.

This independence could help to adopt friendliness gradually.