Re: [sl4] Friendly AIs vs Friendly Humans

From: Byrne Hobart (bhobart@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 02 2011 - 18:20:29 MDT

Given a sufficiently low discount rate, a paperclip-optimizing AI could be
far more friendly to human goals than the non-AI alternative. And I'm going
to go out on a limb and assume that any good AI will have a ridiculously
low discount rate.

>From a chicken's perspective, humans are an optimizing-for-omelet
omnipotent AI. And yet we're better than foxes.

See the "Thousand-year Fnarg"

http://unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2007/05/magic-of-symmetric-sovereignty.html

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Jens-Wolfhard Schicke-Uffmann <