RE: Ben's "Extropian Creed"

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@intelligenesis.net)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 07:20:36 MST

> Ben Goertzel wrote:
> >
> > > And perhaps it is too early to discuss ideal transhuman
> > > social organization.
> > >

> > Ideal: Ben is Cyber-King ;p
>
> A possible programmer of seed AIs shouldn't even joke about that sort of
> thing, Ben. You are joking, aren't you?

Yes, I was joking: I don't really think I'm so perfect that having me as
king of the
universe would be ideal.... Except that I hope I'd have the sense to cede
power to an
uber-AI-being when it came along ;>

> Or do you really find
> the idea of
> being Absolute God of All Terran Space more appealing than being an equal
> Citizen?

Well, if you put it that way, I'd have to say yeah... the "Absolute God"
position does
have some appeal... obeying the limitations of spacetime does get to be a
drag sometimes...

Where do I put in my application?

By the way, why just ~Terran~ Space? I want all the rest too!!

ben