Re: the 69 of us

From: J. R. Molloy (jr@shasta.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 19:34:12 MST

Dale Johnstone wrote,

> I'm currently kicking around a multi-AI scenario whereby there's a
community
> of similar minds and improvements are made only to one of them. If
there's a
> problem it can be dealt with by the others. Even if the modified AI has
an
> edge, it looses by weight of numbers. Any thoughts?... (perhaps on a new
> thread).

Multi-AI seems to me the most promising approach to creating AI and Alife.
Some will argue that it's too dangerous because a multi-AI experiment can
more readily get out of control than a single AI, but I'd counter that a
hundred AIs can respond to evolutionary tactics better than a single AI
can, and that evolution (more than top-down coding) will most likely
result in genuine AI systems bred to interact with humans.

Cheers,

--J. R.