Evolving minds

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@intelligenesis.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 06:06:43 MST

> I'm currently kicking around a multi-AI scenario whereby there's
> a community
> of similar minds and improvements are made only to one of them.
> If there's a
> problem it can be dealt with by the others. Even if the modified AI has an
> edge, it looses by weight of numbers. Any thoughts?... (perhaps on a new
> thread).

Modifying one member of a community of AI's at a time seems an unnecessarily
slow way of
doing evolution.

In an evolutionary system, typically, there is a continual influx of new
forms throughout
the population, which one can show through mathematics or simulations is a
more efficient
learning strategy.

Ben