RE: Is generalisation a limit to intelligence?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 17:17:00 MST

"Jump Out of the System" is a kind of emergence...

But I don't doubt that there will be many phases in the development of
mathematics, including
future math that no human will be able to understand...

And one day, superintelligent beings will invent new things going beyond all
human categories
like "mathematics"...

But, in the shorter term, I think the math of emergence will be useful in
bringing several
generations of intelligent being-types about

ben