RE: Beyond evolution

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 13:24:04 MST

> Okay... so how come I'm Friendly?

Because you, eliezer, are not an AI !!!

ummm ... Are you?

You, like all of us, have the whole human evolutionary animal heritage, even
if you ~are~ a celibate teetotaler
weirdo computer nerd ;> ...

This heritage brings us a lot of problems, but it also brings warmth, love &
compassion

I do think future AI's will probably be nice to humans. You've convinced me
they're unlikely to be mean, and
unlikely to be really nuts. Very good arguments in this regard, you have.

But I still think that AI's will probably evolve to a point where
they're kinda bored with us. They will then lack the warmth & caring about
humans that we, as humans, have.
Which is OK, isn't it?

-- ben