Re: How To Live In A Simulation

From: Randal Koene (randalk@marina.psych.mcgill.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 06:47:49 MST

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" wrote:
> >
> > Nick Bostrom wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry to just jump into the conversation like this. I will introduce
myself below. First, here's a comment on the above:

I may have missed the point, since I only just started receiving SL4
posts, but what sort of copies are you talking about? Is it uploading
you're refering to? If so, then would not each Eliezer be an individual
Eliezer? It would then stand to reason that each Eliezer would be equally
valuable and important.

Now the introduction:

My name is Randal Koene (Dutch family name - born in Groningen, the
Netherlands). Professionally, I'm a computational neuroscientist just
about ready to do my Ph.D. thesis defense at McGill. I've been very much
involved with the mind uploading (whole brain emulation0 community for a
number of years, shortly after Joe Strout set up his Mind Uploading Home
Page. If you want to find out anything or everything about this and even
our personal histories, just go to http://minduploading.org .
This list was suggested to me, since I'm interested in the possibilities
of growing, distributed, spreading, propagating, migrating minds of
groups and individuals who have been uploaded to a whole brain emulated
state. Nice to meet you all. :)

Cheers,
       Randal

RANDAL A. KOENE
Neural Modeling Lab, Department of Psychology - McGill University
randalk@marina.psych.mcgill.ca, (514)-398-4319
minduploading.org, www.psych.mcgill.ca/perpg/stds/rk/