Re: Teraflops consumer chips by 2006

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 08:36:59 MST

At 01:19 PM 3/13/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>James Rogers wrote:
> >On 3/12/01 8:22 PM, "Dale Johnstone" <DaleJohnstone@email.com> wrote:
>
>I've used Java for memory demanding apps in the past and found it to be
>a terrible memory hog, mainly because of it's poor garbage collection.
>I found it didn't scale very well at all. It seems like an odd choice,
>that's why I was asking.

Just curious, has anyone given any thought to using Delphi/Kylix for this
type of work? It avoids virtually all of the pitfalls inherent in C/C++
while giving excellent (compiled) performance and extensive control. I
have found that it significantly reduces development time when compared to
any other language I've worked in. Plus, now that it is available for
Linux your not limited to hardware Windows runs on.