Re: Sentients As Temporary Variables

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 09:08:00 MST

At 09:02 PM 3/21/2001 -0800, Durant Schoon wrote:
> > > But, ack, no one really wanted to discuss the point
> >
> > Why would we? It sounds pretty obvious to me...
>
>Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that SILENCE is the return code for both
>"agreement" and "ignore-because-the-post-is-too-entirely-moronic".

Actually, I thought it made perfect sense. Thus my silence was a vote of
agreement. However, the more I read and think the less I believe a Sysop
will ever exist. And thus, the point of the message is lost since we, once
again, may very likely be living in a simulation. (In a universe that
still knows the meaning of free will).

BTW: As an aside, I'd happily be living in a "real world" simulation
without any protections if it meant that individual freedoms still
existed. A perfectly friendly world is boring, endless, moronic and
virtually impossible. But we will all have to wait 10-25 years to know for
certain.