Re: Envisioning sysop scenarios Re: Universal Uplift as an alternative to the...

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 10:31:37 MST

In a message dated 3/22/2001 10:06:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jameshiggins@earthlink.net writes:

<< Bingo! Should a SI ever slip out of the Sysop's control, I doubt it could
 do anything about it. Heck, I could probably talk an ideally Friendly
 Sysop into the fact that it would be unfriendly to put my back under
 control now that I have been free. That would be like imprisonment. I can
 only imagine the ways a true SI could handle this situation. >>

The Friendly SI should have as part of its responsibilities, after it frees
you, to monitor your convivial behavior or lack thereof. Unprovoked
aggression would once again invoke a temporary repossession of your powers to
perform nasty things, within or without your particular world, solar system,
galaxy, universe, plenitude, phase space. Fred Pohl, is one of his better
books, finally had a trio or wicked dictators downloaded into a happy
networked realm, since they wouldn't be able to harm anyone anymore, there.