RE: hello

From: Aaron McBride (amcbride@jps.net)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 14:53:35 MDT

By that I was referring to the operation of my brain.
 From what I've read, it's not as important that a neuron is firing, but
how fast or how hard the neuron is firing. The strength of the connection
between the neurons also analog. Of course, nobody really knows how the
brain works (yet). Something that I find interesting: we don't know how we
work, but we are still conscious, we are still self aware, and
intelligent. We can also improve ourselves (maybe not the extent that we
could if we could physically rewire each other, but we can change the way
we think just by thinking).

I'll think more about the significance of analog vs. digital, but as I see
it.. digital is an artifact, and does not exist in the real world.
-Aaron