RE: hello

From: Jordan Dimov (jdimov@cis.clarion.edu)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 13:45:50 MDT

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Aaron McBride wrote:

> Probably the reason behind the leap in logic is: I am analog.

I sense confusion.

In what way are you analog? For just about any argument you can give,
I'm pretty sure I can give an equally credible counter-argument that you
are, in fact, digital. Just for starters, the neuron firings in your
brain are digitally controlled. Your genetic information is clearly and
obviously digitally stored and transmitted. On the quantum level the
common notion is that all matter is discrete. Anyway... My point is
that the distinction is actually not of significant importance. There's
something wrong with the very nature of a question like ``Is analog
better than digital''. On many levels, phenomena that we normally
associate with digital electronics can be observed in analog devices, and
vice versa.