Re: hello

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 00:26:25 MDT

I wouldn't call it a social interaction. James' "nasty" post probably
had the quite positive effect of upping Aaron's realization of his own
levels of incompetence. It clearly was some very constructive criticism
as long as Aaron takes it the right way. Better to learn more about your
own levels of competence here than find out the hard way sometime in the
future in some much more important situation (or to go through life mis-
believing how great your skills and knowledge are).

--
Brian Atkins
Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence