Re: SITE: Intro articles available

From: Gordon Worley (
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 21:15:19 MDT

At 12:44 PM -0400 5/21/01, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
>The Singularity Institute has just published a major site upgrade,
>including three new introductory articles:
>"What is General Intelligence?"
>"What is Seed AI?"
>"What is Friendly AI?"

Ooh, these are good. Thanks, I think they'll help some people I know
who are pretty low shock level come up a bit (I can't get any of them
to read more than a few paragraphs of FAI).

While on the topic of the site, I like the new design. Plus, it has
far fewer errors than the old design did. It's almost good HTML 4.0
and meets 3.2, save it's missing a doctype tag at the begining. :-)

Finally, I was looking at the bylaws of the Singularity Institute and
noticed that all of the director meetings are on Sundays. A bit
poetic, I think, since the religious Luddites would probably consider
what we're doing heresy. ;-)

Gordon Worley
PGP Fingerprint:  C462 FA84 B811 3501 9010  20D2 6EF3 77F7 BBD3 B003