RE: Article: The coming superintelligence: who will be in control?

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 08:06:59 MDT

At 11:03 PM -0700 8/1/01, Amara D. Angelica wrote:
>Is there a consensus on this list that the Singularity is good and should be
>accelerated?

Eli and Ben nailed it down well. It's could be good, but only if we
make it good (and as quickly as possible). So, for the list, my
question is if there are any opinions in opposition to this? Now,
don't just post for the hell of it, have some real reasons to back up
your opinion. Also, don't reply to this if all you're going to write
is 'Eli and Ben are pretty much right except for x', I'm looking for
people who are thinking 'Eli and Ben are pretty much all wrong
[except maybe for x]'.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose