Re: Bad memes Re: Opting out of the Sysop scenario?

From: Dan Clemmensen (dgc@cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 21:30:58 MDT

Brian Atkins wrote:

> Dan Clemmensen wrote:
>
>>The sysop controls and allocates all available resources. To opt
>>out, the sysop will have to allocate some resources to you so that you
>>can maintain a separate existence. What is the equitable way to decide
>>which resources should be allocated to you?
>
> I really have to warn you guys to stay away from anything implying
> control or central planning since that will get some bad reactions.

Sorry. I have not read enough about the sysop proposal to comment
intelligently. I now infer from your post that the sysop allocates
the available resources initially, and then limits itself to
imposing/enforcing/being a set of "laws of physics."

This leads to a very large set of questions about the initial
allocation and about subsequent consensual re-allocations.
Where can I find further information?

I realize that all of this is post-singularity and therefore
is idle speculation.