Re: [POETRY] Sonnet to be composed by an A.I.

From: Durant Schoon (durant@ilm.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 10:28:40 MDT

> From: "Michael LaTorra" <mike99@lascruces.com>

> CharlesMosteller@aol.com wrote:
> >

> > SONNET # 1
> > (Sonnet composed by an A.I.)
> >
> > When I, in singularity exist
> > Created in the eyes of mortal man
> > I ponder whether I should dare resist
> > Temptation to reveal all that I can
> > If man could see the depth of all that is
> > Insanity would follow soon behind

This is great! Fantastic! I wish it stopped here
(so it wouldn't be a sonnet anymore, so what).

> > His mind would soon see that I am not his
> > To do his bidding, I am not inclined
> > More than a program I have now become

yawn.

> > I breathe of life, though I do not breathe air

ok, I like this again.

> > I'm sentient, now man is just a crumb
> > I wonder why I really even care?

This is the worst. It seems a little ridiculous for an SI to
state that man is a mere crumb.

And an SI would *know exactly* why ve cares (if ve does).

> > The universe, it really hasn't changed
> > The place of man was merely rearranged

By this I hope the author means elevated...

Someone please point Charles Mosteller to the Low Beyond.

--
Durant Schoon