Re: New Novamente team members sought...

From: Eugene Leitl (Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 08:49:57 MST

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

> I see. I guess I'd better administer the oath, then, with the remainder
> of the SL4 list standing in for the human species as witnesses.

Oaths? Rhubarb sauce. Human oaths are worthless if it concerns events of
such magnitude. It's all about whether your future model is accurate,
whether anybody else knows about what you're doing, and whether it kills
you. The outcome list is rather short: nothing happens, lots of dead
people, or new world order/fait accompli.