AI and survival instinct.

From: Carlo Wood (carlo@alinoe.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 17:33:18 MST

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 06:53:52PM +0200, Alfio Puglisi wrote:
> Why? Don't think about SIs as they were human beings.
> And where does this strong survival instinct come from? An AI is not an
> animal with evolved behaviours. An AI is built by humans.

You are right that my statement stands or falls by whatever
will be used as program for the AI. Just the hardware is by
no means enough to have an AI (that is smarter than humans).

But allow me to defend the likelihood of my statement.
I do consider it likely that WHEN we can achieve to build such
a program, it will be modeled after the human way of thinking;
there are many examples were Natures way of doing things have
been superiour to our human creativity.

So, assuming that also the first AI will be modeled after
how we think, it would be pretty human in its actions.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>