RE: singularity arrival estimate...

From: ben goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 11:15:38 MDT

Yes, but how many of the people you work with, who saw The Matrix, realize
it's reasonably likely that we're living in a simulation of some sort
*right now*. How many have begun to incorporate this idea into their view
of the world? To really incorporate this in your mind does make a
difference in how you live your life...

I'm not saying a Singularity mass market movie would be worthless. I'm
sure it would help raise awareness just as kurzweil's book will. But I
wouldn't be too optimistic about the consequences of simply bringing the
idea into the mass mind in such a way...

ben